Posted on June 06 2018
By Lauren Chambers of So Fresh N So Green
Creamy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Parfaits
Chia Seed Pudding is my go-to whenever I need a quick & portable breakfast, hiking or travel snack, or to satisfy my sweet tooth in a healthy way. This chocolate + coconut yogurt parfait is particularly delicious, satisfying, easy and rich in superfood ingredients.
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 scant cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (vary depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional Parfait Layers & Toppings: full fat coconut yogurt (I prefer Coyo or The Coconut Cult) sliced fruit (I recommend strawberries + banana), coconut shreds or flakes, cacao nibs, creamy nut butter or chopped dates.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge until it cools/thickens (at least 2 hours, for best results leave overnight)
- When ready to eat, layer into individual glass jars or ramekins, alternating with scoops of pudding and scoops of yogurt, fruit, etc.
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
- Will last for about a week in the fridge.